ImpactChain.co.uk is operated by ImpactChain Limited (“We”, “Our”, “Us”). The security and use of your personal information is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controller.
Use of Your Personal Information
Below is a guide to the use of your personal and business information by us.
We may use personal information about you which we acquire in connection with any application you make to us, or any agreement you enter into with us, to prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities, to assess your suitability for an account with us, to manage your agreement and for statistical or market research purposes. We may also use your personal information to identify which of our products, or our partners’ products, might interest you. If we transfer, charge or assign your agreement to a third party or if we employ a third party to manage any aspect of your account, we may pass relevant information about you to them. Your personal data may also be used for other purposes with your specific consent or, in limited circumstances, where required by law or permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where any search or application is completed or agreement entered into involving joint parties, you both consent to our recording details at CRAs. As a result an ‘association’ will be created which will link your financial records and your associate’s information may be taken into account when a future search is made by us or another lender unless you file a “disassociation” at the CRAs.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information You Give Us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use www.impactchain.co.uk (our site), subscribe to our service, post material or request further services, carry out transactions or make payments through our site, when you enter a competition, report problems with our site or carry out any other activities on our site or contact us for any reason via the Contact Us section of our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and other personal information.
2. Information We Collect About You.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
3. Information About Your Visit.
This includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
4. Information We Receive From Other Sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Device Information And Cookies
We request your consent to obtain information about your general internet usage by storing a small persistent cookie file (a small file of letters and numbers) on your web browser or the hard drive of your computer. You will have been asked for your consent immediately on accessing our site.
Cookies help us provide you with a good user experience when you browse our website by helping us distinguish you from other users enabling us to personalise the service. Cookies also help us to improve our site performance.
General internet usage information includes collecting information about the device you use to view our website such as IP address, Operating System, browser type and the web pages visited for system administration and to report aggregate information internally and to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For more information about cookies, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
We recognise and use the following cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and are used to improve performance and capacity on the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
2. Performance cookies: They allow us to calculate audience size and usage pattern i.e. how visitors move around our website and when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to customize our site according to your individual interests and personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may refuse to accept cookies by not providing consent or by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do not provide consent or change your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
You agree that calls between us may be recorded and/or monitored in the interest of security, for quality control and to ensure better customer servicing, staff training and account operation.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Since we receive and transfer sensitive information such as personal or financial information, we are committed to the highest degree of security. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Our website employs full site encryption secure sockets layer (SSL) technology for added security. SSL certificates meet the highest standard in internet security for website authentication. We will also employ all the appropriate firewalls, antivirus, anti-spy, anti-spam, anti-phishing protections and intrusion detection services necessary to run our business in a safe environment and protect your personal details from external attack. We also have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information and limit employee access on a need-to-know basis.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information You Give To Us
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information We Collect About You
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We also use your information to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website, to fulfil our regulatory and legal obligations and to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our website.
Contact From ImpactChain Limited And Third Parties
We, and carefully selected third parties, may use your information to inform you by post, fax, telephone, email or other electronic means, about other products and services (including those of others) which we believe may be of interest to you.
If you apply for an account and are not eligible at this time then we may offer you an alternative product or service (including those of others) and we may pass your details to another financial services company for them to send you details of their products or services.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by ticking the appropriate box in the My Account section. You can also request to opt-out by contacting us.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving such contact from a third party, you will need to follow the instructions about unsubscribing provided at that time by the third party. Please note that we only partner with trusted companies who will respect your right to unsubscribe from any such marketing communications, but we will not be responsible for managing that process or any disputes.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, www.impactchain.co.uk or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements between you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk assessment.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the Contact Us section of our website.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention of Personal Information
In accordance with Data Protection regulations, we will hold your information for six years from the date you registered, the end of your agreement, or the date of the last payment received whichever is the later.
Right to Your Data
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a statutory right to access certain personal records we, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies hold about you for a processing fee of £10. This is called a ‘subject access request’ and must be made as a written request to the Data Protection Officer, 8 Kirkton South Road, Suite 19, Livingston, EH54 7BT with a cheque for £10 made out to Advisory Direct Limited. We aim to reply as promptly as we can and, in any case, within the legal maximum of 40 days. We cannot accept SAR requests from third parties without express written authority from you.
If you require details of the credit reference agencies or any other agencies from whom we obtain, and whom we pass, information about you, please request this information via the contact form found in the Contact Us section of the website.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
This shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. This means that if you want to bring a legal action against us, or we want to bring a legal action against you, it must be done in one of these courts.
Our website address is: https://www.impactchain.co.uk/.